Muscle stiffness, back pain, and fatigue are very common for people who spend most of their time sitting in the same posture, especially in offices. Result? We often look for quick and easy methods, such as back rollers, to ease out ourselves. Well, today, we are going to tell you about some of the best foam rollers for back that can serve as a decent rehabilitation tool for you all.
What Is Rolling On A Foam And What Good Does It Do?
Rolling on foam is basically a muscle stretching technique that is similar to rolling the muscles over a rolling pin, but here this one is made out of foam. When you start off, it will be a little painful, but once you stick to a routine, it makes for a great muscle relaxing technique.
A muscle roller has multiple benefits:
- Provides muscle relief.
- Loosen-up tight muscles.
- Regulates blood flow.
- Reduce muscle soreness.
- Alleviates muscular pain.
The 3 Best Foam Rollers For Back
Up until now have discussed what foam rollers are and why they are good for our backs. So, we thought about listing down three of the best ones out there. You can easily purchase from Amazon.
1. The Trigger Point Core Foam Roller
If you’re new to the foam rolling exercise, the Trigger Point Core Foam Roller is the best option for you. It is softer than other rollers and hence goes easy on your back and shoulder muscles. Therefore, it is almost similar to an at-home massage.
2. Theragun Wave Roller
The Theragun Wave Roller is a bit pricey, but let us tell you, you get what you pay for. It gives you an ultimate therapy cum workout experience that is worth all the money. This roller provides complete body support with its intense vibrations and wave-shaped grooves. With the Therabody app, you can create personalized rehabilitation programs and automate speed control as per your requirement.
3. OPTP Pro-roller
If you’re looking for a soft foam roller, OPTP should be your go-to roller. It provides gentle relaxation in areas of your body where you are particularly stiff, such as your back, hamstrings, calves, or quadriceps.
How To Choose The Best Foam Rollers For Back?
Here are some of the factors you need to consider before buying a foam roller for yourself.
- Density; Foam rollers are soft, hard, or standard in density; you need to pick as per your liking.
- Size and Shape; see if you want a standard-sized roller, one short in length or one short in diameter.
- Construction; you need to check if you want an open-cell roller, a closed-cell roller, an EPP foam, or an EVA one.
Benefits Of Foam Rollers
Since we just shed light on the three best foam rollers for back, let’s talk about some obvious and important benefits of foam rollers.
- Do you know there are many benefits of foam rolling for runners? The technique improves flexibility, increases blood flow, and helps the muscles return to normal after an intense workout session.
- Foam rolling also prevents muscles from getting stiff. Our sedentary lifestyle is leading to early age arthritis and increased body aches, so foam rolling helps overcome these issues by increasing flexibility and muscle efficiency.
- Many experts recommend rolling out after workout because it prevents muscles from getting stiff and aids the process of new muscle development.
- Foam rolling is the best technique for self-myofascial release, commonly known as a self-massage technique. It helps recover from strains and injuries.
If you’ve read this far, you must have figured out that the best foam rollers for back are the ones that suit your body the best. After considering the points mentioned above, you can pick the one that best fits your requirements.
Best Exercises In Bed To Lose Weight